I have had a crazy summer already, in fact a crazy spring too. Between trying to get Jk through the school year, which ended with the need for Summer School (yes, I’m a tough teacher!), and getting the flu and a major inner ear infection besides dealing with my other health issues, being diagnosed with bone spurs that are causing me problems with walking and setting in chairs with no padding on the back, finding out I have a serious potassium and Vitamin D deficiency, we also had a graduation for a niece and a wedding for a different niece. Along with these I’ve had books to read and review, and I’m working on a home business idea to help my husband with finances because I can’t work outside the home due to health issues, and I still have the normal housecleaning and cooking duties most housewives have. It seems I’m always playing catch up now, and that is what I’m doing today…trying to catch up on award nominations. So here goes the first of this long list.
Inspiration is a thing I believe comes from God, so anything I write, or craft, or do usually is based on His Holy Spirit moving in me and inspiring me to do it…even housecleaning…lol. There are times I can’t keep up with how He inspires me, and there is a list of ideas for this blog that he has given me and I hope to share one day soon. Because of my view on inspiration I’d like to thank God, and the blogger who nominated me. I was nominated by http://loopyloo305.com/2012/07/30/very-inspired-blogger-award-2/ , who is such a wonderful friend and encourager. I am humbled to receive this nomination from her, and owe a debt of gratitude to her for all the help she has given me on compiling a list of awards from WordPress. I believe that help from others can be one of the biggest forms of inspiration we are given, because that is what spurs us on to achieve the task ahead of us. Thank you so much loopyloo! I was also nominated for this award by NanaDoll athttp://momtoldmetowriteabook.wordpress.com/ , whose blog is an inspiration in itself. Thank you NanaDoll!
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
On to stating 7 things about myself…hmm
1. I am a closet cook. Don’t tell anyone but I love trying new recipes, especially from other countries, but I only like to cook with fresh ingredients, not processed foods.
2. I play guitar, which has become a challenge due to the numbness in my left hand. I can’t feel how hard I’m pressing the strings down anymore, but that won’t stop me when I want to do it.
3. I have a degree in Music/Vocal Performance, but most of what I do is self-taught except singing, and working theater.
4. Sometimes I am so hyper that I forget about my need for a cane to walk, and will get up and start to take off walking without my cane and find myself tripping or losing my balance. I’ve scared Jk a few times, who will run for my cane, and has declared herself my other walking aid…lol.
5. My brain works at the speed of light, while my body is slower than a snail. In fact in a race Jk says the snail would be so much faster than I am, that it would be able to crawl right over me without me stopping to let it do so.
6. I am a neat freak, and it drives me crazy that I can’t keep my house as clean as I use to, but I’m still going to try to.
7. I am very opinionated… ask my husband and children…lol.
Now for the 15 bloggers that I am going to nominate. I will not be nominating 15 this time because I have so many awards to do, and nominate bloggers for, instead I will nominate 5. Those I am nominating are bloggers who have inspired me, and often have given me a Bible verse, a devotion, a story, or a comment that have spurred me through a hard time or a mental block, or have posted something that God used to inspire me in something to do. They are…
I will notify all those I nominate today, as soon as I finish blogging all the awards. Once again, thank you Loopyloo for nominating me and for being an encouragement.