Wow! I’m so honored! I finally got an internet connection this morning and was blessed to find that I had been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/ for the nomination! As a homeschooling parent it is a wonderful thing when we can make a connection with other homeschooling parents and share activities, learning and craft ideas and experiences. Future.Flying.Saucers is a blog full of wonderful posts on homeschooling, but it is more because it is also filled with a lot of love and joy. I love the way this mom shares her love for her children, for the homeschooling experience, and just her love for being a mom. Everytime I click on her site I get the excitement of opening a present at Christmas, the anticipation of what might be inside today, and I can see why her children are excited about homeschooling, and about their mother! Thank you again, for sharing your blog with us, and for the nomination, http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/ !
Also thank you to http://scottsholar.com/ for the second nomination! From current news events to thoughts on the teaching from the Bible, Scott always shares his Christian perspective and his love for Christ. Although his site is new to me, I’ve loving it, because he is dedicated to standing up for his Christian faith, and isn’t being swayed by the lies the world is using to sway believers from God. I also like that Scott is an encourager to fellow Christian bloggers, and that he is a good source for information about what is going on in our country that pertains to Christians. Thank you Scott, for the nomination and for sharing your faith in Christ Jesus as well!
The Rules for this award are as follows:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging (or whose blogs you enjoy most).
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
Now for 7 random things about me. I think I’ve shared so many things this week through the other awards, that I’m not sure what is left, but here goes!
1. My sister, Nelda, dyed my hair the summer between my 8th and 9th grade years of school. It was suppose to be blond, but turned out orange. Because she didn’t know how to fix it, I went to school that year and garnered the nickname “Rusty” from my friends at school.
2. That same 9th grade year of school, my mom decided to buy me a purple shirt for school pictures and get me a perm. Well, the perm turned out to be really tight and frizzy, and with my orange hair and purple shirt, I looked like a clown…lol. Talk about the worse school picture.
3. I started working at the age of 12, cleaning houses for various people at our church, usually those who were ill and couldn’t do it themselves, and others who worked or were elderly. I continued to work many jobs from that time on, until I started homeschooling my youngest daughter a few years ago.
4. I have held as many as 3 jobs as a single mom, to make sure my family was taken care of.
5. I actually graduated from Cosmetology School when I was 21, and started regular college that same year.
6. I have a thing about Queen Anne’s Chocolate Covered Cherries, but I only want them at Christmas time and only 1 box. It’s because of my mom, who worked at the Queen Anne’s factory in Indiana when she was 16. She passed that love she had for them on to me. No other brand will ever do, once you’ve had Queen Anne’s.
7. I play guitar, and I taught myself to do it with God’s help. I tried to learn when I was 15, but I couldn’t do it at all. When I became a Christian I sat down with my guitar, and spent a whole day learning to play “Jesus Loves Me” and “Jesus Loves the Little Children” so I could play them with my daughters, and to use in Childrens’ Church. By the end of that day, I could play both songs and a few more, and since have added many chords and many, many more songs to my repertoire. I never forget though that it was the Lord who made it possible. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!”
Okay, 7 things about me done, and now on to nominating 15 fellow bloggers for this award! I have nominated so many for awards this past week that some of these may be among those already nominated for other awards. I think The Versatile Blogger Award should probably go to bloggers who fill their blogs with a variety of posts, but while showing the various sides of them, still show their heart through each post. So those will be the type of blogs I will nominate. The following blogs are the ones I have chosen to nominate for The Versatile Blogger Award.
1. http://momentumofjoy.com/ I love her thoughts on Christ, but I also love the laughter she brings through some of her posts. I find this site to give me great moments of introspection and joy!
2. http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ Whether speaking of her love for Christ, about her love for family, or just a funny story about her life and her family, Bird always shows her heart and her personality in every single post.
3. http://canadianmommytime.wordpress.com/ You want a taste of Real Housewives, then quit watching television and visit this Canadian Mommy’s blog. This is a real mom, real housewife, and real woman’s life, not that glitz and glitter of shallow, spoiled women you see on television. Canadian Mommy shares her love of her family, and of her life in every post.
4. http://e1aine.wordpress.com/ I love this young lady’s blog, whether she is showing her beautiful jewelry creations, talking about fashion, or giving a good grammar lesson. She writes with the heart and humor of youth, and the wisdom of maturity all at the same time.
5. http://homeschoolyear.wordpress.com/ I know this is a Homeschool blog, but the variety of posts feature not only the written word, but photos, craft ideas for families, and even book reviews. This blogger truly approaches homeschooling and blogging from a variety of angles.
6. http://barbarabazzocchi.wordpress.com/ This blog is filled with a love for crafting, crocheting, gardening, travel and family! Every time I click on Barbara’s blog I feel like I’m about to set off on a new journey filled with adventure!
7. http://5gsandacupofjoe.net/ I can’t tell you how much I love this blog, but I can tell you why. Visiting this blog is like sitting down with an old friend and talking about anything and everything in life, from Christ, to prepping, world news, to family. This regular Joe makes you feel right at home when you visit his blog.
8. http://sharinhislove.wordpress.com/ This blog does just what it says. It shares the love of Jesus Christ in a variety of ways. If I need a word of encouragement, or need a new way of looking at things that are going on, or just want to feel the joy and love of Christ in my life, this is one blog that gives me those immediately.
9. http://hometogo232.wordpress.com/ What to feel love in a variety of ways, this is the blog for you. You’ll either feel like you are at Grandma’s home, Mom’s home, or a dear friend’s home when you visit this blog, depending on your age. It is evident, no matter what Diane is blogging about, you will feel welcome into her life, and her heart, but most of all you will feel her love for Jesus.
10. http://thehomesteadatspringcreek.wordpress.com/ Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to homestead, to live off the grid, or what it must have been like for early settlers? Then this is the blog for you. Each post is an adventure in the making, whether family life, gardening, information about different plants, recipes, or a new look at things in nature.
11. http://pulchradoctrina.wordpress.com/ Another homeschool blog filled with ideas, photos, family, and personality.
12. http://lynnecobb.com/ I love that this blogger writes about a variety of things from a variety of emotions. One moment you will feel empathy with her, the next you will be laughing at her adventures and her look at life.
13. http://originalapplejunkie.wordpress.com/ Can’t forget my Apple Junkie Sister-in-Christ! Her blog is filled with her adventure of living in Portugal, yet filled with a variety of things from cooking, family, and personal thoughts from the heart. You can’t help but feel the heart of home in her writing while enjoying her adventure in another country at the same time.
14. http://naturallyfundays.wordpress.com/ Another homeschooling blog with a variety of adventures, ideas, and lots of family love.
15. http://childdrivenlearning.wordpress.com/ Nothing I like more than traveling…taking a journey to some place new. This blog takes the reader on a trip with them through their homeschooling adventures.
16. http://lbtk.wordpress.com/ I’m adding an extra one because I feel this one is so deserving of this award. The variety of posts which all share this bloggers love for life, for teaching, and for the Lord Jesus, always leaves me with a warm feeling of standing at the foot of the throne of Jesus, yet feeling his warm hugs and love for me, that I’m drawn back to see how that love is expressed with each post.
Again I would like to thank http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/ for the nomination, and to all these other bloggers as well for filling my blogging adventure with variety, warmth, and fun!
As the Adults Say in Peanuts’ Cartoons…Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah!
The Commentator Award
Every time I see the picture of this award I think of the old Charlie Brown Peanuts television specials and cartoons, where the adults were never shown and didn’t speak except to say, “Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.” In fact there was only one Peanuts special where an adult ever spoke actual words. Do you know which one it was?
I was nominated for this award by http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-commentator-award/ , and I am honored to accept it from a fellow homeschooling mom, especially since we often feel like we are with our children so much that they actually begin to hear us speak like the adults in the Peanuts cartoons…lol. Thank you for the nomination!
Here are the rules for this award…
My statistics show these people to be the most prolific when it comes to comments:
Terry at http://terry1954.wordpress.com/
Diane at http://hometogo232.wordpress.com/
Bird at http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/
Apple at http://originalapplejunkie.wordpress.com/
Beatrix at http://babydogogos.wordpress.com/
Lynne at http://lynnecobb.com/
My seventh nominee will be…
Stephanie at http://modernchristianwoman.com/
I appreciate all comments from everyone and I’m very thankful for the feedback of those who take the time to respond so often and with such encouragement and help. Thank you!
Posted by forhisgloryandpraise on August 11, 2012 in Awards, Blogging, Friendship, My Writing, This and That
Tags: awards, Blog, bloggers, Blogging, comments, stats