I was nominated for this award twice in the same day, and within moments of each other. Thank you to Diane at… http://hometogo232.wordpress.com/ and Terry from… http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ ! What is funny is that both of these wonderful women said the same thing to me when they nominated me for it…that I would love the name for the award, and that it was perfect for me…lol. I wasn’t sure whether they meant the Mrs. Sparkly part or the Ten Commandment part…lol. I remember saying the same thing to both, that I found the name funny because it was the first time I had heard the word Sparkly used in the same sentence as the words Ten Commandment! I took it upon myself to add the title of this award, “Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award” to the picture that was posted for the award. So that those receiving it will always get a smile when they see the name.
The rules for this award are that you must answer the following ten questions and nominate ten blogs that you think deserve the award. So here are the 10 questions…
1. Describe yourself in seven words… Sinner Saved By Grace, A Vessel of God
2. What keeps you up at night? Insomnia from Fibromyalgia…well it did until a friend suggested Melatonin to me because it helped her sleep through the symptoms of insomnia that accompanies fibromyalgia. It Works…Praise God!
3. Whom would you like to be? Well, the Bible says that God made me quite unique (I’m fearfully and wonderfully made by him.) So I wouldn’t want to be anyone but who God made me to be…however I would like to be more like Jesus.
4. What are you wearing now? My favorite pajamas…the comfortable red ones!
5. What scares you? Now this is funny, because everything I’ve ever had a fear of I’ve had to face and get over. For example…I have never been afraid of dieing because I know where my eternity will be, but I always feared living with pain. Now with Fibromyalgia I don’t fear it anymore because I live with pain daily. I was afraid of heights and tight places, and working in theater I had to deal with both. God has a way of teaching me that the only fear I need to have in my life is the fear of God.
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? Best is writing and sharing with other bloggers, the worse thing is there is never enough time in a day to do all the blogging and reading of other blogs that I would love to do.
7. What was the last website you looked at? Does this mean blogsite or website? I would have to say my blogsite since that is what I’m writing on right now. But I would have to say not counting blog sites, and other than WordPress it would be MSNBC homepage for about 10 seconds until I started blogging on here…lol.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? No more pain, so I could do all the things with my youngest daughter that I was able to do with my oldest daughters.
9. Slankets, yes or no? Slankets? Are we talking Snuggies, because I have a bright red one and it is the most comfortable thing on my bed, which I use every single day, and my daughter, Jk, keeps trying to take from me…lol.
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. Well, I was nominated by two very unique, loving, caring, and compassionate women that I’m proud to call friends and sisters-in-Christ.
I am nominating five other bloggers to receive this award, since I’m not sure how many I’m suppose to actually nominate. Those I nominate will either fit the Mrs. Sparkly part of the award name or the Ten Commandment part, so either they will be creative in a sparkly kind of way, or they will be really grounded in their Christian faith. Here are my five…
1. http://e1aine.wordpress.com/ …This blogger is definately one of the Mrs. Sparkly bloggers, and a wonderful crafter to prove it. I love her posts on the jewelry she creates.
2. http://creationscience4kids.com/ …If dinosaurs and science could be considered sparkly this blogger could prove it. Also grounded in their Christian faith, I find this blogger a great candidate for both parts of the awards name.
3. http://allinthelifeofjk.wordpress.com/ …I don’t know anyone as sparkly as this blogger, and I know she has been grounded in her faith in Jesus Christ, because she is my youngest daughter and I live with her and her sparkliness ever day!
4. http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/ …This blogger would get the award for being the sparkliest homeschool site… that is if there was an award for that. Since there isn’t I’m giving her this award!
5.http://originalapplejunkie.wordpress.com/ …Now this award is perfectly named for this blogger! She is spunky, sparkly, and grounded in her Christian faith. Hmm…no wonder I keep thinking she reminds me of one of my daughters!
Okay I may have to add one or two more nominations, because I see a couple more blogs that fit my idea of ones that deserve the “Mrs. Sparkly Ten Commandments Award.” So here goes…
6. http://katescreativespace.com/ …This is definately a creative sparkly site. Usually when I check it out I’m either thing…Yum or That is so cool!
7. http://jelillie.wordpress.com/ …This is a site that shares their heart for God and is creative both! You can look at a blog post of a craft or such and before you know it this blogger has related it to something from God’s Word, or a thought about the Lord.
Alright! Two more award posts finished! Congratulations to all those I have nominated, and thank you to Terry and Diane for giving me this award!