My elementary teachers would be quite proud that all their efforts to teach me the basics of Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic have finally paid off. Being nominated for the “Reader Appreciation Award” by Diane at http://hometogo232.wordpress.com/posts/details, was very special, but then to also be nominated in the same day for the “Thanks for Writing Award” by Thelma at http:www.authorthelmacunningham.com just made my day double special! I admire the writing of both of these women, because I know they put their hearts and souls into every single word. Thank you both for these nominations!
The suggested rules for the”Reader Appreciation Award” are as follows:
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.( I will nominate 5 as I have done others recently)
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Since I could not find a written list for what is required for the “Thanks for Writing Award”, I’m going to make the list from what I can see from other bloggers who have won it. Here is that list…
1. Recognize the blog and blogger who nominated you, including a link to their site.
2. Share something about your passion for writing.
3. Nominate 6 or 7 other bloggers who use their blog to post creative writing of their own, include links to their sites.
4. Notify those bloggers that you have nominated.
1. What is your favorite color? I’d have to say red, but the truth is I love different colors on different days depending on my mood. Today is probably a earthy orange day.
2. What is your favorite animal? Because of allergies I’ve never gotten real close to animals, but I love seeing all of them at a distance. We do have a pet, Beagle/Basset Hound, and she is a sweetheart unless Jk gets her riled up and running all over the house. The affects of her fur on my allergies is minimal, compared to what cats and rabbits do to me (let’s just say I will end up with hives, and an asthma attack or two, and in some cases I end up in the Emergency Room).
3. What is your favorite number? It would be the number 7, since I was the 7th child in my family, born the 7th day of the week at 7 o’clock at night.
4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Depends on my mood and health. I love diet cola, and that has more to do with stopping drinking regular sodas when they diagnosed my dad with diabetes. I love flavored teas, and right now my favorite is Peach Green Tea. I love to take green tea and put peach juice into it, rather than buy it already flavored.
5. Do you prefer facebook or twitter? I don’t twitter at all, so it would have to be facebook. If I had a choice though I would rather blog on WordPress, and receive letters with pictures in them in the regular mail, from family and friends. I think letter writing is becoming a lost form of communication that needs to be encouraged and taught.
6. What is your passion? My passion is my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ which comes first and foremost in my life, and influences everything else I do, say, write, watch, and listen to, including my relationship with others like my family and friends.
7. Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts? I would never turn down a gift as it is a nice way to tell someone you care, but personally I’ve always been a giver. My favorite thing at Christmas is to watch everyone’s face as they open their gift, and I love to do things and make things for others without letting them know who it is from.
8. What is your favorite pattern? Paisleys…love the way they express natural things like flowers and plants, also that they are such wonderful expressions of Folk Art.
9. What is you favorite day of the week? Hmm…depends on the day and how it is going. Each day has it good and bad things, and since all were created by God and he is in them I just like every day of the week. I could say any day without a doctors appointment and that I’m in little pain.
10. What is your favorite type of flower? Carnations, because they are simple, sweet, and have a mild scent.
Okay, now for something about my passion for writing. I’ve always loved writing, even as a child. I admired people who write fiction books, biographies, and autobiographies, because they are able to make a story come to life through the words they write, and I hope that when I write that in someway I do too. When I write I usually do when God inspires me to. I don’t usually remember what I’ve written after I write, and always read it like everyone else…as if it was written by someone else. Because the Lord is my inspiration I don’t usually just sit down and write everyday, but when he prods me to write after seeing something, or reading His Word.
Now since I have to nominate 10 to 12 bloggers for the “Reader Appreciation Award”, and another 6 or 7 for the “Thanks For Writing” Award, some may show on both lists, while some will only appear on one or the other award. But I will make each nomination list separate.
First, the nominees for the “Thanks For Writing Award” are as follows…
1. http://hometogo232.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/20-lines-or-less-a-week-challenge-dreams-poem-lost/ …Diane has been taking on the challenge of putting her thoughts into poetry, and other writing. What I love is that her writing is a clear expression of her heart!
2. http://allinthelifeofjk.wordpress.com/ …Okay, I’m partial on this one. This is my daughter, Jk, who is a new blogger. I let her start blogging to encourage her to write. Jk is slightly dyslexic and for those who may not know writing and reading are two things most dyslexic people struggle with. Jk is a very artistic and expressive tween, and I’m hoping that she will find that by expressing herself this part of her in creative blog writing, she will also overcome the struggles dyslexia causes her in writing. So far I think she is doing pretty good, and needs to see that she is in a tangible way. If you haven’t seen her blog about her week at church camp, you should visit her blog. Jk is writing one blog post per day of her camp experience.
3. http://thelmac.wordpress.com/ …I know that Thelma gave me the award, but I think she deserves it once more, as her writing is just beautiful. I enjoy the way she expresses herself and her heart through her writing.
4. http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ …Bird writes Life, in all she writes. One day she is going to sit down and write a funny “Erma Bombeck” style of book filled with her life stories, and it will be a best seller. She will make you laugh, cry, and wish you were with her on each adventure of her life.
5. http://5gsandacupofjoe.net/ …I just have to say that I love everything from this blogger, whether about current events, God, or just life itself. Whenever I read this blog I feel like grabbing a cup of coffee, and pulling a chair up, and sitting on the porch with him. He has a small town, porch setting feeling to his writing style. I find that when I have missed a few days of following blogs, he is among those I want to sit and read, just so I can feel at home again.
6. http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ …I’ve always felt the heart and life in Terry’s writing, but I’ve enjoyed watching the evergrowing journey into Creative Writing that she has begun taking. Her writing about her life flows so naturally that it will hook you immediately, and as she grows as a Creative Writer I think she one day will be a force to reckon with in the writing world.
7. http://anexerciseindiscipline.wordpress.com/ …I learned of this blog site through my friend and fellow blogger Anne Sikes, who often submits writing on this site. I love this site for its variety of writers and that it encourages other writers as well.
Okay, now to tackle the 10 to 12 bloggers I’m nominating for the “Reader Appreciation Award”. Many of those I will nominate do comment on every blog they read, and there are others, I know read many blogs and always leave a “like” on the site even if they don’t comment on every single one. These are bloggers who are much more deserving than I am for this award, so I want them to know that as a blogger I appreciate them visiting my blog and reading my posts. Here is the list of nominees…
1. http://mylifeuncutalmost.wordpress.com/ …Anne is wonderful about visiting so many blog sites and reading every word we post. She leaves the most encouraging thoughts and comments, and frankly I don’t know how she keeps up with all of them…but she does!
2. http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ …Terry is that person who even amongst her hectic life with all its ups and downs, always grabs that cup of coffee each day to check out the blogs she follows. Sometimes she comments, and often she “likes” each blog she visits. She is like that family member who loves and cares for each blogger that she follows.
3. http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ …I often ask myself, “How does Bird do it?” She has 3 teenagers, a husband who is a chef and biker, and writes her own blog, but like my 2 previous nominees makes time each day to read those blogs she follows. Even when she doesn’t comment, she lets you know she was there by leaving you a “like”, but when she comments you know that it will be full of encouragement, humor, and love. I once said if I had been blessed with a little sister, I would want her to be just like Bird.
4. http://waltbrite.wordpress.com/ …Even in his busy schedule Walter always takes time to read the blogs he follows and offer words of encouragement and blessing. If you haven’t checked out his blog yet, you should.
5. http://originalapplejunkie.wordpress.com/ …I know the minute I post something on my blog this young lady will check it out. She is like the girl next door who cares about all her neighbors, and always has some helpful encouragement for them. I’m not one who thinks that most young people have enough wisdom yet to give me words of advice, but Apple is one of the few that I see a level of maturity in that I welcome her words. She’s bright, wise, and has a love for life that makes you want her to come visit. If I could choose my daughter’s friends, I would choose Apple because I know her influence on them would be a positive one.
6. http://jesusmyjoy.wordpress.com/ …This is a blogger who gives wonderful Christian based encouragement and really helps you see the joy in your walk with the Lord and in your blogging experience.
7. http://doublebhomestead.wordpress.com/ … If I need encouragement on my gardening or the posts where I write about it, this is the blogger I want to hear from, but I love all the words of encouragement that come my way from them.
8. http://sharinhislove.wordpress.com/ …This blogger always has words of encouragement when they comment, and when they don’t you still know they have been there because they will always leave a “like”
9. http://creationscience4kids.com/ …I’ve not only experience this bloggers encouragement, but they have been wonderful about encouraging my daughter, Jk, on her blog. I love the information they share in their blog, and their kind words in their comments.
10. http://faithrises.com/ … Quiet and encouraging, fits this blogger, not only in their posts, but in their comments as well.
11. http://iwu2012breanna.wordpress.com/ …Here is another younger blogger who shares a lot of words of encouragement and wisdom in her blog and her comments.
12. http://homeschoolyear.wordpress.com/ …I actually got to know this blogger first through another of her blogs, but quickly found a friendship and co-mentorship through this blog, since we are both homeschooling moms. I treasure her words of encouragement, and her ideas and experience shared in her blogs, especially this one on her homeschooling experiences.
Wow! I’m finally finished with this blog post! I decided to blog these 2 together because I received them the same day! Thank you again to Diane and Thelma for these awards! I’m honored to receive them from such wonderful women. Also…Congratulations to all those I have nominated in this post. I know you all deserve them far more than I did.