Along with dealing with my health issues of Fibromyalgia, Epstein-Barre Syndrome (which means I catch every virus I’m exposed to), Severe Osteo-Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (in both wrists), and the newest diagnosis of Bone Spurs, I have a great deal of other stuff that I have to do. I’m not only a mom, grandmother, and wife, but I am homeschooling my daughter so I’m her teacher. I have a big house to get cleaned up, a porch herb garden to take care of, along with all the normal housewife and mom things as well. I not only blog, but am a book reviewer with about 20 books piled up to read and reviewed, with more books on the way already. I also am an avid fiber crafter, with loads of mending to catch up on, a lot of shawls to knit for Christmas and my church where I’m trying to get a Prayer Shawl Ministry started. I’m still trying to catch up on my emails, facebook, and other blogs that I like to follow. If I haven’t been to your blog for a while, this is why…I’m just way behind on so many things. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and have to take a step back and put some things on hold until I can get through bad days with my health, like now when I’m fighting an ear infection, and trying to get a regular sleep schedule back with the help of a natural mineral, instead of sleeping pills. Since today the ear infection seemed to be keeping me down I decided to take some time and catch up on blogging some awards that I was nominated for, that I’ve received over the past few weeks.
The first one I’m going to tackle is “The Commentator Award.” I was nominated for this one by Anne Sikes of http://mylifeuncutalmost.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/the-commentator-award/ . This is the first time I had heard of this award, and was thrilled to be nominated by Anne, although her shoes I could not fill at all. Anne not only is a talented and creative woman, who does some fantastic computer art, but also writes some beautiful poetry, and her blog posts as well. But what amazes me about Anne is the caring, and compassionate way she comments on the blogs she follows. She truly shows the heart of Jesus Christ in the love she shows to others, and encourages them through whatever life is throwing at them.
Now to nominate others for this award. I am going to nominate those I often see commenting on other blogs with encouragement and compassion, with a great big dose of wisdom in each of their posts.
1. http://creationscience4kids.com/ …Each of the comments that they make are filled with excitement and encouragement. I love the encouragement that my daughter, Jk, has recieved from this blogger!
2. http://adifferenceforyourlovedones.wordpress.com/ …I love the encouragement that this blogger often shows to others, and that I have received from her. She has such a love for others and Christ, and expecially for her family.
3. http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ …Bird is the most understanding and encouraging blogger out there. I’ve watched her encourage many others through some dark times with love and understanding. I have to say I really hate getting behind and missing some of her blogs. I’m going to have to devote a whole day to catch up with her.
4. http://sharinhislove.wordpress.com/ …I love bloggers who not only encourage you through their comments but also through their own blog posts. I can depend on this blogger to always do that. If I need a pick me up word of encouragement, this is one of the blogs I go to for that!
5. http://hometogo232.wordpress.com/ …Diane is one of those people that will look past what is going on in her own life to use her time to encourage others. I know that when she comments on my blog posts it is always heartfelt.
6. http://artbycamila.wordpress.com/ …Camila is one of those bloggers who through her words, the Bible Scriptures, and her wonderful photography can’t help but be an encourager to others. This blog is another one I go to when I need a word of encouragement, that also gives me a mental picture to remind me of that encouragement.
7. http://originalapplejunkie.wordpress.com/ …Apple is the perfect name for this blogger, because she is truly the apple of God’s eye! She is so encouraging, and helpful, and really gives me hope for the youth of today. Her love of God, her family, and especially for others is so evident in her comments.
Well, I think I posted more than enough nominations, Congratulations to all of these wonderful bloggers and commentators! You all deserve it!