Sorry for the title of this post, but everytime I see this award’s picture on anyone’s blog there are certain songs that run through my mind…”Here Comes the Sun” which I believe is correctly entitled “It’s Alright”, “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” which is a song from my childhood, and “You are My Sunshine”. I often have this experience when people say things or I see or hear things that remind me of a song. In fact, today my clothes dryer was making a thumping noise that reminded me of the song “We Will Rock You”, and yes I began singing with it, until Jk came into the room with a look on her face like I was crazy. What can I say, it’s a gift and a curse (mostly to my children who think it is embarrassing…lol.)
Well, it has taken a while to post about this award, but I figured since I’m having a good internet day, I should get it done now. Thank you http://originalapplejunkie.wordpress.com/ who nominated me for this a week or two ago. I said it had been awhile, didn’t I? You are a bit of sunshine in each day I read your blog posts. You are a sweet person, who really has an adventurous heart. Why else would you live in another country alone, if not for being an adventurous soul? I love reading about your life there, and about your interest. It makes me feel like a much younger me.
Now for the requirements of this award. They are as follows…
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers –
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
Let’s see 10 things about myself…hmm…what to say that you don’t know from my blog?
1. My name means Beautiful Fight.
2. I found out the meaning of my name after a fight where I ended up with 2 black eyes, and my mother and sister came home after my sister’s OBGYN appointment and shopping for her baby to be. She was living at home while her husband was serving in Vietnam during the war. Mom came into the kitchen saying, “Bonnie do you know what your real name means?” She stopped dead when she saw me holding 2 steaks to my eyes, and haltingly said “Beau-ti-ful Fight.” Then after a slight paused she continued…”And I see you are living up to that name.”
3. My mom sent me to Charm School in 7th grade because she caught me and my brothers fighting with some neighbor boys because we caught them getting my baby brother to smoke cigarettes. She wanted me to start acting like a young lady.
4. I had a reputation as a loner and a fighter in high school. But I wasn’t a bully, instead I didn’t like bullies and most of my fighting was protecting someone else from a bully. I usually caught them outside of school to confront them though.
5. As a child living in Mississippi in base housing, we were surrounded by a swamp that separated us from the V.A. hospital. My brothers and I used to climb trees at the edge of the swamp, and use nets to catch Water Moccasins, then hang them from the trees with the nets, in hopes that the Military Police who patroled both sides of the swamp would be frightened by them. Yep, we got in trouble for it!
6. I actually finally got my degree in Music/Vocal Performance at the age of 37. What can I say, marriage, children and life happens and it took a while to go back to college and finish up.
7. I am short, yet I’m the tallest of my sisters by 1/2 inch and that is important to me…lol.
8. I have eyes that change colors, and some of my family can tell what mood I’m in by the color of my eyes. They say when I’m being mischievious they are dark brown. When I’m angry, they say my eyes get a goldish tint to them. And only my husband knows what mood I’m in when they are green, and I plan on keeping it that way…lol.
9. I’ve hiked the Grand Canyon with my oldest daughter, when she was in 8th grade.
10. I’ve been on a few mission trips to the Navajo Reservation in Arizona.
Okay, with the 10 things out of the way, the next part is to nominate 10 to 12 other bloggers for the award. I’m going to pick ones that bring sunshine to my life whenever I read their posts. So…here goes…
1. http://momentumofjoy.com/ In its simplicity, through word and photos, this blog never lets me leave it without some type of introspection on my part.
2. http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ of Everyone Has A Story Bird can make you think while you are laughing with her through the life experiences she shares. One of my favorite blogs. I think I’m addicted to Bird and her blog.
3. http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/ This blogger always has great ideas that I can build upon for my own daughter’s homeschooling experience.
4. http://homeschoolyear.wordpress.com/ This blogger always has great ideas that I can build upon for my own daughter’s homeschooling experience.
5. http://5gsandacupofjoe.net/ A true sense of humor that makes dealing with the news of the day easier to digest.
6. http://todayiprayed.wordpress.com/ From the heart of the family, and the blogger, this site will bring a smile to my face each time I read it.
7. http://365daysofpraising.wordpress.com/ This blogger said they were ending their blog after 365 days, but I’m hoping they will continue and maybe do another 365 days of Prayer, or 365 days of Worship. It has been a real encouragement to me, to keep praising no matter what I’m going through.
8. http://loopyloo305.com/ of My Blog. She is a real encourager!
9. http://inspiredandpretty.wordpress.com/ Some beautiful photography that just brings joy to me.
10. http://liferevelation.wordpress.com/ From day one of my intro to blogging I have found this to be a very thought provoking blog.
Now all I have to do is notify these bloggers and 2 of 3 awards are done. Yes, I just found out I was nominated for another. So on to finishing this one, cook dinner, eat, and in the words of the Terminator…”I’ll be back!”