Well, I’m honored and humbled at the same time! Someone posted a comment to me this week, that blogging was such an odd word, and I kind of agree. Blogging sounds like some symptom that we women have when we are suffering from P.M.S. So being considered a blogger, really makes us sound like we just talk too much…lol…you know in a way that demands attention, much like a woman with P.M.S. Well, I’ll accept that as a good thing, because so many in this world have trouble finding their voice, and I finally have. So I will graciously accept this Versatile Blogger Award and would like to thank Sophia at http://inspirationallaround.wordpress.com/. I’ve really come to enjoy Sophia’s blogs, and they have been an encouragement to me each day.
Now to fulfill the standards of this award. I don’t ever just quickly do things anymore so this is going to take some time.
7 things about myself…
1. I’m the 7th of 9 kids, born on the 7th day of the week, at 7…thus my love of the number 777.
2. I have 2 natural daughters, 3 adopted daughters, 2 stepsons, 4 grandsons and 1 spoiled granddaughter, whom I love with all my heart!
3. I love to draw, yet it is the one thing most people haven’t seen yet.
4. I’ve worked in many areas of theater (stage not movie), including being a theater tech and stage manager, but my love for it comes from the creation of the story through all areas of the production.
5. I’m a simple person in that I don’t need a lot in my life to make me happy, just love and Jesus.
6. I wish there were more hours in the day so I could enjoy everything that I enjoy!
7. (I saved this for my favorite number on purpose…because it is my favorite thing about me) I’m a Sinner saved by the Grace and Mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes…that means I’m a Christian.
8. I have a degree in Music/Vocal Performance, and actually cut a demo cd years ago.
9. I’m most in my element when singing for the Lord, but it doesn’t have to be in front of the masses, just out in the country or at home, singing to him!
Oops…lol…see…you got me started and I went past 7 things…lol. Hey…I’m new at this!
Wow! I have to list 15 to 20 bloggers I like…hmmm…well being new at this too, I confess I’ve been searching out blogs that I enjoy, so here goes…
1. http://sharinhislove.wordpress.com/ …This blog is filled with the love of Jesus and you can feel it from the thoughtful words to the prayerful requests. You can feel the heart of God in this blogger!
2. http://twochicksfamily.wordpress.com/ …This one’s for Sophie, who has shared some wonderful posts about so many things on her different blogs.
3. http://inspirationallaround.wordpress.com/ …Again one of Sophie’s blogs that I truly get inspiration from.
4. http://homeschoolyear.wordpress.com/ …And another Sophie site, where as homeschool moms we have been able to really share ideas to make our homeschooling experience for our children better.
5. http://ofdustandkings.com/ …If I had to have someone carry on a theological debate on my side…this is the guy! I think his blogs have so much insight and really challenge me to dig further in the Bible!
6. http://momentumofjoy.com/ …Love the simple humor and the blogs filled with everyday life. It’s like talking to your neighbor over the backyard fence.
7. http://thelmac.wordpress.com/ …A young Maya Angelou, who has such a heart for Jesus!
8. http://losingself.wordpress.com/ …Love the variety of music and thoughts put into this blog. You can feel the praise flow!
9. http://birdmartin.wordpress.com/ …Everybody Has A Story, and I can tell you Bird really does, and the heart to share it with everyone! I wouldn’t miss a day without finding out what Bird is up to, and how she is feeling about life, love, and Jesus.
10. http://canadianmommytime.wordpress.com/ …If there was a blog that would bring you to the reality that no matter in the world we are, all moms are the same, with the same cares and concerns for those we love, this is the blogger who will help you realize that!
11. http://hefirstloved.com/ …I always love to read fresh thoughts on God from young people who’s hearts are on fire for the Lord, and this young man has a great heart for Jesus.
12. http://creationscience4kids.com/ … Love, love, love this blog full of science for kids (and adults too)! I find myself learning something new every single post!
13. http://rantingchef.com/ …For a woman who never really liked to cook to list a blog about cooking means that it is really a good blog! I have cooked for over 45 years and I’m learning new things everyday from this blogger!
14. http://faithrises.com/ …Another encouraging Christian blog. I love to start my day with the devotional thoughts on Faithrises.
15. http://futureflyingsaucers.wordpress.com/ …Homeschooling mom blogger sharing her love for life, teaching, and her family. It is more than a 3 star blog!
16. http://barbarabazzocchi.wordpress.com/ …Great crafting blogger, and oh the ideas her blogs gives everyone!
17. http://adifferenceforyourlovedones.wordpress.com/ …This is the blog from the heart of our mom and our grandma. If you can’t feel her reaching out in love, then you are not opening your heart up.
18. http://modernchristianwoman.wordpress.com/ …Yes…I said I don’t like to cook! (I’m keeping it a secret from my family that I’m indeed a closet gourmet…lol)…I love this blog for her down home, back to basics cooking recipes!
19. http://5gsandacupofjoe.net/ …Whether it is prepping, Jesus, or just everyday life, this is the blog to pull up a chair and have a cup of coffee with! It’s like talking with your Uncle Joe while rocking on his front porch on a beautiful Spring day in the country!
20. http://blogginghounds.wordpress.com/ …I’ve got to say I found myself really enjoying this blog that covers such a variety of topics. The fact that they call themselves the blogging hounds makes me feel like I’m in some old English detective novel, searching out the many mysteries of life.
Okay…looking over my 5 page list of blogs I’m following I have to admit I’m addicted to this now! Now that the easy part is done I’ve got to finish the last part and notify all of these bloggers. Hey I’m new to this blogging thing and this is going to be a challenge for me!
Again thank you for nominating me Sophie, now back at you!